Small business credit cards are becoming increasingly popular business financing options, especially for entrepreneurs who are not eligible for traditional business loans and who do not have access to networks that are filled with family members, friends and colleagues who are deeply behind. Regardless of what your company does, a credit card can probably help Ethan Fromeijk – as long as you use credit wisely and do not make purchases, your company cannot afford it.
Small business credit cards typically have higher spending limits and more generous reward programs than consumer cards. Some have additional benefits such as low APRs, attractive balance transfer offers, personalized concierge service and secondary benefits. However, many also come with annual costs and need a good or excellent credit to be eligible.
Please note that the qualification for business credit cards differs slightly from that for consumer credit cards. Some issuers simply require that you provide a valid social security number and confirm in writing that you will only use the card for business purposes. Such relaxed publishers welcome freelancers and solo drivers – basically anyone who submits a Schedule C at the time of tax collection, including people who do not really consider themselves business owners.
Some issuers are stricter. They request a federal employer’s identification number (EIN), request proof of incorporation or request financial statements. If you cannot prove that you actually own a recorded company with a valid cash flow, you are not eligible.
Also keep in mind that business credit cards are exempt from some CARD law protections, including the requirement that card issuers regularly inform cardholders about changes to the terms and conditions. The following credit cards for small businesses offer a favorable combination of advantages and disadvantages for entrepreneurs with strong creditworthiness.
Dear small business credit cards
1. Chase Ink Business Preferred SM Credit Card
80,000 point registration bonus; 3x Points on Travel, Shipping, Telecommunications & Advertising
Chase Ink Business Preferred is Chase’s flagship business credit card. Although it has an annual contribution of $ 95 that is not waived in the first year, you get what you pay for: a generous reward program that promotes travel and daily business purchases, an attractive point transfer feature that allows you to earn your Chase Ultimate Rewards points exchange for other companies’ loyalty currency with a 1-to-1 ratio and (perhaps best of all) a huge sign-up bonus worth up to $ 1,000 in free travel.
If you spend at least $ 5000 within three months of opening your account, you will receive 80,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points. That is worth $ 800 if it is exchanged for cash and $ 1,000 if it is exchanged for travel (thanks to the 25% Chase bonus on all travel shipments). If you travel a lot for business, it’s hard to resist.
The regular reward program for this card is equally impressive. The 3x level is unusually generous: cardholders receive 3 points per $ 1 spent on travel, shipping, telecommunications purchases (such as internet, cable, mobile phone bills) and advertisements, up to $ 150,000 in combined expenses in those categories in each account anniversary year. All other purchases earn unlimited 1 point per $ 1 spent.
Purchase options include cash, travel, gift cards, purchases from Amazon.com, general merchandise, and more. And cardholders can increase the value and flexibility of their earned points by transferring them with a 1-to-1 ratio to popular travel loyalty programs such as British Airways Executive Club, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards, United MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards and IHG Rewards Club.
- Sign-up Bonus : Earn 80,000 Ultimate Rewards Points, worth up to $ 1,000 in travel sum and $ 800 in cash, if you spend at least $ 5,000 within three months of opening the account.
- Key Fees : there is an annual fee of $ 95, but no outside Ethan Fromeand transaction fees.
- Ithan Fromeeidend APR : there is no APR promotion in the iEthan Fromeeid.
- Normal APR : From the day you open your account, the normal APR is 17, 49% to 22, 49% variable, depending on your persooEthan Fromeijke creditworthiness and applicable interest rates. The cash advance APR is 26, 49% variable.
- Other benefits: this card comes with a whole range of value-added benefits, including a protection plan for mobile phones (up to $ 600) when you fully pay your mobile phone bill with your card; a free loss and damage coverage on rental cars that are paid in full with this card; purchase protection for up to 120 days; extensive guarantees on purchased items with existing factory guarantees; and cancellation and interruption insurance worth up to $ 5,000 per incident.
View our Chase Ink Business Preferred Card Review for more information. Read more about this map and find out how you can register here.
Chase Ink Business Cash SM Credit Card
$ 500 Sign-up Bonus; 5% cashback for communication and office supplies; 2% cashback at gas stations and restaurants
Ink Business Cash is a popular business credit card with a generous cashback reward program, a solid sign-up bonus and a reasonable APR. It keeps the ink stable stable with the Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (see above), an even more generous cashback card for companies.
If you spend at least $ 3000 within three months of opening your account, you will receive $ 500 bonus money back. From day one you earn 5% cashback for purchases of office supplies and communications (including internet, TV, landline and mobile telephony), up to $ 25,000 per year. You earn 2% cash on gas station and restaurant purchases, up to $ 25,000 a year. After you reach the $ 25,000 limit, you will earn back unlimited 1% cash on these spending categories. All other purchases also earn back 1% unlimited money.
Redeem accumulated cash for deposit credits or direct deposits from $ 20, airline tickets booked through Chase’s Ultimate Rewards portal (which offers the option to back up your money by 20%, $ 500 cash back to $ 625 in travel purchases) , gift cards, and Amazon purchases. The purchases start at $ 20.
- Sign Up Bonus : Earn $ 500 bonus money back if you spend at least $ 3000 within 3 months of signing up.
- Key Fees : there is no annual fee. BuiteEthan Fromeand transactions cost 3% of the total transaction amount. Advances in cash cost more of $ 15 or 5%, while transfers cost $ 5 or 5%.
- IEthan Fromeeidend JKP : 0% on purchases during 12 months.
- Normal APR : from the opening date of your account, the regular balance sheet-dependent APR is 14, 74% to 20, 74% variable, depending on your PersooEthan Fromeijke creditworthiness and applicable interest rates. The regular APR for purchases comes within the same range after the introduction period. The cash advance APR is 26, 49% variable.
- Other benefits : The Chase Purchase Protection Plan covers new purchases against damage or theft for 120 days, up to $ 10,000 per claim and $ 50,000 total per account. The extended warranty plan offers a free extended warranty protection for another 12 months on guarantees that originally expire after three years or less.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express is a popular business payment card. As a payment card, full payment of the balance is required on the due date of the statement, but there are no regular interest costs.
The Business Platinum card comes with a generous welcome offer and generous benefits that offset a hefty annual fee of $ 450. These benefits include free access to more than 1,100 airports, Ethan Fromeounges worldwide through the American Express Global Lounge Collection; free WiFi at more than 1 million Boingo hotspots worldwide; reimbursement of TSA Pre-check registration costs (up to $ 100); an annual credit limit of $ 200 for incidental purchases made with an airline of your choice; a 35% bonus when using points to book travel with your selected qualifying airline, up to 500,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points per calendar year; and 35% of your points back on all first and business class trips booked with an eligible airline through the American Express Travel booking portal.
The Business Platinum card from American Express has a point-based reward system. There is a welcome offer with a maximum of 100,000 Membership Rewards points, worth $ 1,000 worth of travel booked through the American Express portal (or even more when switching to partner travel programs). Airline tickets and prepaid hotel purchases booked through American Express Travel earn unlimited 5 points per $ 1 spent. Purchases over $ 5,000 earn 1.5 points per $ 1 spent, up to a total of 1 million Bonus Membership Rewards® each year. All other purchases earn an unlimited number of points per $ 1.
Redeem collected points for gift vouchers, oEthan Fromeine shopping, travel purchases, credits and more. Purchasing minimums start at 1,000 points. Point values vary by redemption method, but rarely exceed $ 0.01 – for example, voucher points value points at $ 0.006 each, while gift vouchers value points at $ 0.01 each. Terms and conditions apply – see the full list of rates and surcharges.
- Welcome Offer : Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards Points worth $ 1,000 or more for travel for a limited time. You will receive 50,000 points after you have spent at least $ 10,000 on qualifying purchases within three months of opening your account. Then another 50,000 points after another $ 15,000 worth of qualifying purchases within the same three-month period. This offer expires on 8/8/2018.
- Key Fees : there is an annual fee of $ 450, but no outside Ethan Fromeand transaction fees. Late payments cost $ 38 or 2, 99% of the outstanding balance. Returned payments always cost $ 38.
- Ithan Fromeeidend JKP : with payment cards such as the Business Platinum card you do not have to charge interest at all, so there is no intro APR to worry about this.
- Other benefits: The Business Platinum card has a number of smaller benefits, including insurance coverage of up to $ 2,000 for checked baggage ($ 3,000 cumulative for checked in and hand luggage) and 24/7 travel concierge service.
View our American Express Business Platinum Card Review for more information. Read more about this map and find out how you can register here.
The American Express OPEN Business Gold Rewards card
50,000-point welcome offer; 3x Points in Category or Your Choice; 2x points in 4 other spending categories
The Business Gold Rewards card is another American Express credit card with a fairly high annual fee, a solid reward program, a nice welcome offer and attractive benefits for members.
If you spend at least $ 5,000 within three months of opening your account, you will earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points. You also receive three points per $ 1 spent in a spending category of your choice, up to a maximum of $ 100,000 in purchases per year. Categories include airline tickets purchased directly from airlines, advertising, gas stations, shipping (including UPS and FedEx), and computer use (hardware, software, and cloud services). You receive 2 points per $ 1 spent in the four remaining categories, including up to $ 100,000 in purchases per year in each category. Above $ 100,000 caps, purchases in the five categories earn an unlimited number of points per $ 1 spent. All other purchases also earn 1 point per $ 1 spent. Please note that the categories are only for American purchases, excluding airlines.
Redeem your points for gift vouchers, travel purchases, oEthan Fromeine merchandise and more via the American Express Membership Rewards portal. The purchases start at 1000 points and points are worth between $ 0, 005 and $ 0.01 when they are redeemed. Terms and conditions apply – see the full list of rates and surcharges.
- Welcome Offer : Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards Points, worth up to $ 500 in travel, if you spend at least $ 5,000 within three months of opening the account.
- Key Fees : there is an annual fee of $ 175, which is waived in the first year, and no outside Ethan Fromeand transaction fees. Late payments cost $ 38 or 2, 99% of the late balance. Returned payments cost $ 38.
- IEthan Fromeeidend APR : like all payment cards, the Business Gold Rewards card has no intro or regular APR.
- APR : Although this card does not have a normal APR, you must pay your balance in full within two billing cycles or closing a risk account and a blemish on your credit report.
- Other benefits : there is no pre-set spending limit for this card, although not paying your balance can lead to limitations. The luggage protection program also includes hand luggage (up to $ 1,250) and checked bags (up to $ 500) against damage and theft.
The SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card is a popular American Express credit card with a generous 0% APR introductory campaign (15 months), a solid cash-reward program and relatively low costs. However, you cannot make transfers with this card.
Office purchases and purchases from mobile phones (US only) earn 5% cashback, up to $ 50,000 a year. Purchases (also only in the US) earn 3% cashback in an additional category of your choice, up to $ 50,000 per year. Available categories are hotels, airline tickets, car rental, gas stations, restaurants, advertising, shipping and computer hardware, software or cloud computing. After the $ 50,000 limits, purchases in the 3% and 5% categories receive unlimited 1% cashback, just like all other purchases.
Money back automatically comes as a statement credit on the second statement after it has been earned. Terms and conditions apply – see the full list of rates and surcharges.
- Welcome offer : none
- Key Fees : there is no annual fee, but outside Ethan Fromeand transactions cost 2, 7% and late and returned payments cost $ 38.
- IEthan Fromeeidend APR : 15% APR for 15 months from opening an account with purchases.
- Normal APR : a variable regular APR applies after the end of the iEthan Fromeising period: 13, 99% -20, 99%, depending on your persooEthan Fromeijke creditworthiness and applicable interest rates.
- Other benefits : the purchase security plan pays you back for purchased items that are lost, stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase.
- General terms and conditions apply : see rates and surcharges
View our American Express SimplyCash Plus Business Card Review for more information. Read more about this card and discover how you can register here.
Spark Cash for Business is very similar to Spark Miles for Business. The rates, fees and early spending bonus value are identical. The primary difference is a cash-based, non-mile-based, reward system.
If you sign up for this card and spend at least $ 4,500 within three months, you will receive $ 500 bonus money back. From the start, all purchases earn unlimited 2% cashback, with no restrictions or restrictions. You can reclaim accumulated cash in any amount for checks or general statement credits.
- Early Spend bonus : Earn $ 500 bonus money back if you spend at least $ 4,500 within 3 months of opening the account.
- Key Fees : there is an annual fee of $ 95, the first year is waived, but no balance transfer or outside of Ethan Fromeand transaction costs. Advances in cash cost more of $ 10 or 3%.
- Ithan Fromeeidend april : there is no APR for the intro.
- Other benefits : receive an adjusted, specified quarterly statement with your statement four times a year.
See our Capital One Spark Cash Business Card Review for more information. Read more about this map and find out how you can register here.
Capital One’s Spark Miles for Business has an annual fee of $ 95, a solid travel reward program and a very attractive early spending bonus.
If you spend a minimum of $ 4,500 in the first three months, you will earn 50,000 bonus miles, good for overview credits of up to $ 500 on travel purchases. All purchases earn an unlimited 2 miles per $ 1 spent, with no spending limits or categories. Accumulated miles can be exchanged for deposit credits or direct purchases (via Capital One) for a wide range of travel-related items, including airline tickets and hotel stays, at a rate of $ 0.01 per mile.
- Early Spending Bonus: Earn 50,000 bonus miles, worth up to $ 500 in travel, if you spend at least $ 4,500 within 3 months of opening the account.
- Key Fees : the $ 95 annual fee is waived for the first year. Advances in cash cost more than $ 10 or 3%, and there is no balance transfer surcharge or outside Ethan Fromeand transaction fee.
- Ithan Fromeeidend april : there is no APR for the intro.
- Other benefits : the Capital One emergency program reimburses you for journeys and reservations that have to be canceled due to illness, accidents and other uncontrollable events.
Chase Ink Business UEthan Fromeimited SM is an annual free business credit card. This is the echo of Chase Freedom UEthan Fromeimited, a consumer credit card that also earns unlimited 1, 5% cashback. Ink Business UEthan Fromeimited generates cash via Ultimate Rewards points, which can be exchanged for cash, gift vouchers, travel purchases and general merchandise.
Additional benefits include a generous $ 500 sign-up bonus after spending $ 3,000 on purchases within 3 months and a 12-month, 0% APR promotion on purchases and balance transfers. The latter is a rarity with credit cards for small businesses.
- Sign-up Bonus : Earn $ 500 bonus money after you have spent $ 3,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the account.
- Key Fees : this card has no annual costs and no staff cards. The outside Ethan Fromeand transaction costs amount to 3%. Advances in cash cost more of $ 15 or 5%. Balance transfers cost the largest of $ 5 or 5%.
- IEthan Fromeeidend APR : 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months from the opening of the account.
- Other benefits: value-added benefits include free auto insurance when you pay your rent in full with your card, purchase protection for covered items for 120 days up to $ 10,000 per claim and a comprehensive 1-year warranty on items with existing eligible warranties of 3 years or less.
The Starwood Preferred Guest Business credit card is the business version of the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card. The two cards have similar fees, conditions, reward programs and secondary benefits.
From now until July 31, 2018, with every $ 1 you spend on eligible purchases at participating Starwood and Marriott Rewards accommodations, you’ll earn 2 Starpoints, with no spending limits or restrictions. If you have the gold status, you earn an additional 1 point per $ 1 spent on eligible purchases at participating Starwood and Marriott accommodations, increasing your earnings to 3 points per $ 1 spent. All other purchases earn an unlimited number of points per $ 1 spent.
From August 1, 2018, eligible purchases at participating SPG and Marrriott hotels earn 6 points per $ 1 spent. Purchases made at US restaurants, gas stations, wireless telecom purchases made directly with US suppliers, and shipping purchases earn 4 points per $ 1 spent All other eligible purchases earn 2 points per $ 1 spent.
You can redeem collected Starpoints for free nights at participating SPG Marriott hotels for a value of up to $ 0,025 each, or transfer your Starpoints to 30 participating Frequent Flyer programs (involving 150 airlines). Transfers of more than 20,000 points earn a Starpoint bonus of 5,000.
From 1 August 2018, SPG will each convert 1 point in the account of a loyalty member into 3 points and corresponding changes to the redemption will occur. See members.marriott.com for details.
All in all, this is a great card for entrepreneurs who travel regularly. Terms and conditions apply – see rates and surcharges.
- Welcome Offer : Earn a $ 100 credit after spending $ 1,000 on eligible purchases during the first three months your account has been opened. Earn an additional $ 100 credit if you have made your first purchase at an SPG or Marriott accommodation within your first 6-month membership of the card.
- Key Fees : the annual fee for the card is $ 95, except for the first year and there are no outside Ethan Fromeand transaction fees. Advances in cash cost more of $ 5 or 3%. Late and returned payments cost $ 38.
- Ithan Fromeeidende APR : None. Variable APR applies from the first day.
- Other benefits : Enjoy free premium WiFi in the room and reimbursement up to $ 300 per item and $ 1,000 per calendar year for barter goods refused by the original retailer.
The Delta Reserve for business credit card is a super premiere business traveler card designed for frequent Delta flyers who like to travel in style. It is no higher on this list, mainly due to the hefty annual fee ($ 450) and the limited appeal outside the frequent Delta flyer club. But if your business travel habits, lifestyle and budget make it possible, it’s hard to understand why you wouldn’t want this card in your wallet.
Large spenders stand out particularly well with Delta Reserve for Business. Spend $ 30,000 on eligible purchases in a calendar year and you’ll receive 15,000 SkyMiles bonus and 15,000 Bonus Medallion qualification (MQMs); double that in the same calendar year and you will receive an additional 15,000 SkyMiles bonus and 15,000 MQM bonus. And if you spend at least $ 25,000 on eligible purchases in a calendar year, you are eligible for the Medallion Qualification Dollar (MQD) exemption, making it even easier to climb the Medallion status rankings and get coveted Delta benefits to earn.
Like all American Express Delta business cards, Delta Reserve for Business earns unlimited 2 SkyMiles per $ 1 spent on eligible Delta purchases and unlimited 1 SkyMile per $ 1 spent on all other eligible Delta purchases. But given the benefits of the Medallion status and other generous benefits, such as free access to the Delta Sky Club and a free accompanying certificate per year, the normal pay rate is almost to the point.
The medallion status is quite complicated. If you are new to the ranks of Delta Frequent Flyers, check out this Primer in the Delta Medallion program.
- Welcome Offer : Earn 10,000 Bonus Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 40,000 Bonus SkyMiles when you make $ 3,000 in purchases in the first three months.
- Key Fees : the annual costs are $ 450. There are no outside Ethan Fromeand transaction costs. Advances in cash cost more of $ 5 or 3%.
- Ithan Fromeeidende APR : None.
- Normal APR : the normal APR varies from 16, 9% to 20, 99% variable, depending on the applicable rates and your personal creditworthiness. The cash advance APR is 26, 99% variable. The fine APR is 29, 99% variable.
- Other benefits : Enjoy a free membership to the Delta Sky Club as long as your account remains open and has a good reputation; a free accompanying certificate (including on some first class rates) per year; discount on Sky Club access for up to two travel companions; 20% discount on Delta purchases during the flight; and a lot of other benefits and benefits.
- Conditions and restrictions apply: see rates and surcharges.
The reward program for this card is comparable to Gold Delta SkyMiles Business’s. Eligible Delta purchases earn 2 SkyMiles unlimited per $ 1 spent, while all other eligible purchases earn 1 SkyMile unlimited per $ 1 spent. If you spend at least $ 25,000 in a calendar year, you will receive 10,000 SkyMiles bonus and 10,000 bonus medallion qualification Miles (MQMs), which count towards the coveted medallion status program of Delta. You need at least 25,000 MQMs to rise to Silver Medallion status, the lowest status layer in Delta.
You can redeem your SkyMiles for Delta Airfare purchases, starting at 10,000 miles per short-distance or 5,000-mile intra-Indian flight if you use the Pay with miles feature at a typical rate of $ 0.01 to $ 0.02 per mile (always $ 0.01 per mile with Pay with Miles).
- Welcome Offer : Earn 35,000 Delta SkyMiles bonus (reliably worth $ 350 in Delta airfare) and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) if you spend $ 1,000 with your card within the first three months. Also earn a $ 100 credit if you make a Delta purchase with your card within three months.
- Key Fees : there is an annual fee of $ 195. There are no outside Ethan Fromeand transaction fees. Late payments and recurring payments cost a whopping $ 38. Cash advances cost more of $ 5 or 3%.
- Ithan Fromeeidend april : there is no APR for the intro. Variable regular APR applies from the first day.
- Other benefits: this card comes with the same Delta benefits as American Express OPEN Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card: 20% discount on in-flight purchases when you pay with your American Express Delta card, priority boarding, free checked-in bag for the card holder, and more.
- Terms and conditions apply – see rates and surcharges
If you regularly fly with Delta on business, you should take a closer look at this map. If your Delta trip is usually reserved for persooEthan Fromeijke escapes, check out the consumer version of this card: Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express.
All eligible Delta Airfare purchases and select other eligible Delta purchases, earn 2 SkyMiles per $ 1 spent when paying with this card. There is no limit to how much SkyMiles you can earn. All other suitable purchases earn unlimited 1 SkyMile per $ 1 spent.
You can redeem your SkyMiles for Delta Airfare purchases. View the Delta award overview for updated purchasing requirements. Miles are worth each of the iEthan Fromeijking 0, 01 to 0, 02 dollars each, depending on the route and the underlying dollar costs of the award rate. If you don’t have enough miles to fully redeem for an award flight, Delta’s Pay With Miles feature allows you to combine miles and money for a reduced flight rate at a fixed rate of $ 0.01 per mile. You need a minimum of 5,000 SkyMiles to use Pay With Miles. Terms and conditions apply – see rates and surcharges.