Couples who are going to live together often spend a lot of time organizing their new home and spending less time on their joint money affairs. Nevertheless, it is important to reflect on this. But how? This question was answered by Nibud colleague Marion Weijers in a short interview.
What should you agree on together?
“What money matters should you think about when you start living together?”, Marion said. Her advice is to discuss:
- What income and expenses do you have together? And what individual?
- Which system of ‘who pays what’ do you use?
- What do you agree about saving together?
- How do you ensure that both of you can join the joint administration?
Tips on how to proceed can be read in the full interview on the Aegon website . *
To the interview about cohabitation and money matters
* The interview took place in the context of a campaign Good with money from Aegon. The goal is to help people with their money matters.
Want to know more?
Of course there will be more to see when living together, marrying and money matters.
- what rules concerning property and debts apply to marriage ?
- more tips on the Nibud theme page Living together .